Arduino Projects    |   Raspberry Pi  |     Electronic Circuits   |   Electronics Reference Design Library  |   AVR    |    PIC    |    8051    |    Electronic Projects

problem in LCD and CIRCUIT in "Keypad based simple electronic lock using 8051 microcontroller (AT89C51)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shubham
shubhamdwivedi's picture
problem in LCD and CIRCUIT in "Keypad based simple electronic lock using 8051 microcontroller (AT89C51)

Sir,
  I am making "Keypad based simple electronic lock using 8051 microcontroller (AT89C51)".This project is given on the site as well. i copied the code as it is from there, executed it in RIDE and dumped the hex file into the IC using PROLOAD.
Now when i connect the circuit as given on the site and switch on the power supply the lcd just shows big dark square blocks instead of the msg enter password. even when i press digits on the keyboard, i can see nothing.
Pls tell me whats going wrong there. I have to submit the project in a week.
pls help...
Shubham
shubhamdwivedi's picture

do i need a separate code for lcd and keyboard interfacing as well.

I would really appreciate if i could get few inputs on this.pls

utpal dutta
ukd123's picture

Your problem in LCD contrast controll circuit. Have you use any preset in pin no. 3 of LCD. If yes, then controll it your letters will be illuminated.

Dexter
dexter8051's picture

this is my working circuit diagram

for more details contact dexter8051@gmail.com

kepad eletronic lock

Dexter
dexter8051's picture

this is my working circuit diagram

for more details contact dexter8051@gmail.com

kepad eletronic lock

Gautam
eswarah's picture

i think there is need for connecting capacitors across the crystal oscillator.just go through connections for crystal oscillator in any standard text like AYYALA.it may help u a lot

mohan
mohansaini's picture

There is no need to connect crystal in proteus just double click on the controller and specify the frequency. Proteus is just a simulator software if and all the codes on the web are tested with real hardware. try to use LCDs power pins also.

for better results post your codes also.

Madiake Wasubera
FakeEngineer's picture

Hi all,can someone help me with this code but writing it in Salford C,i was asked to write the electronic lock keypad simulation program,anybody willing to help me email me at acstdhzy@gmail.com  ;;;;;PLIS HELP ME WITH THIS PROGRAM BUT IN SALFORD C.

Login or register to post comments