I have undergone a lot of trouble with this and will explain step by step what happened.
1. I have ATMEGA128 AVR microcontroller development board purchased from Nex-robotics.
2. I am using AVR Programmer (that uses ATmega8) for burning the program. This requires the driver USBasp
3. I have the latest version of USBasp ]]>www.fischl.de/usbasp/usbasp.2009-02-28.tar.gz]]>.
4. I have a pc and a netbook. I use the netbook for travel. It is HCL ME.
5. When i attatched my programmer in pc (which had windows xp), it asked for add new hardware and I successfully added the driver details and thus my programmer worked very finely and I burnt my programs through Khajama AVR programming software.
6. The problem occured when I tried to do the same in windows 7 32 bit that was installed in my netbook.!
7. When I attatched the programmer in widows 7 via usb, it showed that "installing driver software" and ultimately showed that "the device driver installed unsuccessfully" and in device manager it showed in the USB list as "unknown device".
8. I tried to update the driver and gave the location of the USBasp driver folder which I had but to no effect! it showed that the driver is up to date!!
9. I next tried to create an .inf file for the USBasp and install, but even that didnt work!!
10. Ultimately I am very much upset regarding what to do!
I will bless from my heart if anyone help me solve my problem successfully!!
I request you all, please try to find a solution for me.