Electronic home appliances with multimedia capability are meant to simplify our lives. A smart home is incomplete without an intelligent or smart refrigerator module that can help you with grocery shopping and dinner ideas, keep track of what you have in your fridge, and serve as a message center for the entire family.
We are prone to using junk foods, or too old vegetables and fruits in our daily life due to our hectic lifestyles. A smart refrigerator is a high-tech, cost-effective appliance using Artificial Intelligence (AI), which is programmed to monitor the type of items stored in it and keep track of essential details such as their expiration and usage. It indicates what we have (food/vegetables/fruits) and how old it is from the day it was fetched from the vendor. It can track the contents of our fridge so that we don’t run into a milk shortage emergency
Intelligent refrigerator equipped with a computer is a real game-changer. The computer equipment is built into the fridge and does not take any of the space away from normal refrigerator functions. It has no separate keyboard or mouse; all the functions are available through a touch screen and a virtual keyboard.
This kind of refrigerator — equipped to determine itself whenever a food item needs to be replenished — works on a barcode or RFID system whereby it collects the batch and manufactures details directly from the Internet. It is capable of sensing and monitoring its contents and counting the age of the contents as well as indicate items we have not been eating for a long time. All of this helps make our lives easier and simpler.
Key functions of a smart refrigerator
- The core functionality of an intelligent refrigerator is to maintain, with minimum effort, an inventory list of food items which need to be purchased as soon as they turn too old. It notifies you about the count and age of food items and the unloaded ones.
- It can also assist in suggesting meals based on what you have at home. It also helps you where to buy, order, pay for the food, by providing you directly tailored product information with offers from the local grocery store.
- Some variants of smart refrigerator include a single-serve coffee brewer or a hot water dispenser with temperature selection for preparing tea. You can schedule hot water for your use at any time of day, so the refreshing cup of your favorite beverage – hot chocolate, coffee, or tea – is only seconds away.
- Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and smart apps, this kind of fridge can be asked to heat water or turn on the icemaker or air filter by you remotely with voice commands or pushing buttons on your smartphone.
- If you have a problem with the fridge, you can “dial-in” over Wi-Fi dramatically reducing time spent troubleshooting.
- Apart from using the fridge to send e-mails or to surf the Internet, you can also use it to select, buy, and order food for your home without ever leaving the kitchen, answer calls while you’re cooking, and display your favorite photos for anyone to see.
- In addition, a built-in library of recipes ensures you will never fail to indulge yourself in culinary delights.
- If you’re on vacation, at work, or away from the house, but want to get a handle on what you still have a home for the week’s meals, you can check on the contents of your fridge from anywhere you have Wi-Fi access. Built-in cameras and high-efficiency lighting allow for easy viewing anywhere.
- The real-time camera also lets you see what’s inside while you are at the supermarket, as well as help you keep tabs on what’s going on at home when you’re not there.
- The fridge is equipped with speakers, a microphone, and a small video camera, which makes it possible for family members to leave video messages for each other. These messages can easily be left in a faster way than writing a note by hand.
- You can utilize smart fridge to put messages, lists, things to do, and a family calendar, enabling you to remember grandma’s birthday, times for children’s sports matches, and dates that you will be traveling on business.
- It can also send you alerts when the inside temperature is too high, the door isn’t shut completely, or the water filter needs replacing. It can make sure your food stays at the correct, safe temperature, and humidity levels.
- Smart fridges feature recessed LED interior lighting that brightly illuminates their contents, helping you to see everything in them; thus, you can work efficiently in the kitchen and waste less food.
- Space-saving, energy-efficient LED lighting illuminates every corner of your refrigerator, making it easy to get all your ingredients ready for meal preparation.
- Smart fridges contain space for everything that catches your eye at the grocery store. Storage is plentiful with drop-down trays, full-width humidity-controlled drawers, and spacious, adjustable door bins that offer easy-to-reach storage.
- A variety of compartments help store food of all shapes and sizes. While the exterior showcase gives you instant access to drinks and condiments, the inner case lets you store large, fresh food items.
- The smart fridge gives you instant access to frequently used items while keeping the large inner case at just the right temperature for larger fresh items.
- You can stay organized with the adjustable smart dividers. Adjustable shelves are all you need to reconfigure your set up at any time to accommodate a cake, large catering order, or any cleaning kick.
- Usually, the extra-large dispenser area on the front of the fridge is big enough to accommodate not just glasses but coffee pots, water bottles, and even large pitchers too, making it possible for you to access fresh, clean water anytime.
- It comes with evaporators to create separate, optimized climates in the fresh food compartment and in the freezer to restore the ideal temperature. So, your food stays fresh in both the fresh food and freezer sections.
- Apart from evaporators, strategically placed vents ensure that cool air circulates into every inch, making the refrigerator aptly react to varying humidity and temperature levels.
- Superb airflow ensures that food will stay fresh longer. The high-tech filtration system keeps air moving which in turn helps extend the life of fruits and vegetables.
- The door-in-door panel provides quick access to contents without letting cold air out. Just store your favorite items and leave all your worries to your smart fridge buddy.
A smart refrigerator is far more efficient than its traditional counterparts, consuming far less energy consumption, despite the fact it runs hi-tech applications day and night all year. It isn’t smart because it opens up new doors and provides you with new experiences. It’s smart because it takes care of things you’d rather not dedicate brain power to in the first place. You can adjust your fridge when out of the house with a few taps on your phone screen. It works with you to keep your food the freshest, your family the most organized and your life as stress-free as possible.
Filed Under: Articles, Featured