Analog Devices has launched a new AD74413R Quad-Channel Software Configurable Input/Output solution for building and process control applications.
AD74413R contains functionality for analog output, analog input, digital input, and resistance temperature detector (RTD). It also contains thermocouple measurements integrated into a single chip solution with a serial peripheral interface (SPI).
The device features a 16-bit, Σ-Δ analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and four configurable, 13-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs). The DACs provide four configurable input/output channels and a suite of diagnostic functions. There are several modes related to AD74413R. These modes are voltage output, current output, voltage input, externally powered current input, loop-powered current input, external RTD measurement, digital input logic, and loop-powered digital input.
AD74413R contains a high accuracy 2.5V internal reference to drive the DACs and the ADC.
- Process control
- Factory automation
- Motor drives
- Building control systems
- Quad-channel software-configurable input/output circuit
- Screw terminals tolerant to ±40V DC
- Line protectors to block power from the screw terminals to supplies
- User-configurable modes
- Voltage input
- Current input
- Voltage output
- Current output
- Digital input
- RTD measurement
- Internal 16-bit, Σ-∆ ADC with optional 50Hz and 60Hz rejection
- 13-bit monotonic DACs
- Charge pump for true zero voltage output
- Internal temperature sensor, ±5°C accuracy
- On-chip diagnostics including open circuit and short-circuit detection
- Temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
- 64-lead LFCSP
Filed Under: News