Neural Networks in Real Time Applications
Wherever a relationship between a set of independent inputs (PREDICTORS) and dependent outputs (PREDICTED VARIABLES) exists, there the neural networks find a wide range of implementations.
Some of the real time applications of neural networks include:
- Monitoring and Detection of various medical phenomena like Heart rate, blood pressure, respiration rate, etc
- Predictions for fluctuations in Stock Market based on several factors like past data, economic factors, etc.
- Banking activities like validation of a customer, disbursement of a loan, etc.
- In Industrial Monitoring of conditions of equipments.
- Sensor based applications
- Sales Forecasting
- Industrial Process Control
- Customer Research
- Risk Management
Some specific applications include: recognition of speakers in communications, diagnosis of hepatitis, recovery of telecommunications from faulty software, interpretation of multimeaning Chinese words, undersea mine detection, texture analysis, 3-D object recognition, hand-written word recognition and facial recognition.
The ever progressing e- world has a lot to procure and gain from neural networks. Their ability to learn by situation counts for their flexibility and power.
The neural Networks also don’t need any specific algorithm to do a specific task, i.e. there is no need to understand the internal mechanisms of that task. They are also well suited for real time systems because of their fast response and computational times which are as a result of their parallel architecture.
Neural networks also contribute to other areas of research such as neurology and psychology. They are regularly used to model parts of living organisms and to investigate the internal mechanisms of the brain.
So these networks play a very significant role in the technological advancements and problem solving approaches.
Filed Under: Recent Articles