Fig. 1: A Representational Image Of Mechatronics System
Fig. 2: An Overview Of Various Fields That Makes Mechatronics
The control system is part of the loop for operating continously in the surroundings. The mechanical systems contributes design, manufacturing and system dynamics. Computers contribute data acquisition method and algorithms. Electrical systems include DC and AC circuit analysis, power analysis and semiconductor device analysis.
- Service protocols and methods which include on board diagnostics, prognos
- Delivery parameters such as time, cost and design
- Disposal processes which includes recycling, and disposing hazardous materials
- Measurement and actutation module – Signals are received from the external world and feedback signal. This segment consists of actuators and sensors like stepper motors, solenoids, AC/DC, strain gauge, temperature sensor/pressure sensors/photo sensors.
- Communication Module – The relative position of actuators and position of sensors can be measured to generate appropriate signals. These signals are transferred through the communication module to the CPU. The signal conditioning circuits, interfacing circuits and bus communication form the communication module.
- CPU – When the CPU recieves the signal, they can perform logical and arithmetic operations with a processor and software. An appropriate control signal is generated by the CPU.
- Output signal conditioning module – This module includes amplifiers to drive plotter, audio-visual indicators, ADC/DAC’s and displays. The output signal is forwarded to feedback module.
- Feedback module – This module generate signal proportional to the output signal which is forwarded to the measurement and actuation module. The signal from the external environment and the feedback signal are compared by the measurement and actuation module.
- Identify the need – The first step while designing a product is to identify the need of the system. Market survery or market research can be done to recognize the need.
- Analyzing the problem – With the avalibale data from the market survery, the problems can be analyzed appropriately.
- Preparing specifications – If the problem is well defined then the next step is to prepare specifications which involves designing criteria for quality, existing constraints and lists of all functions.
- Generate possible solutions – In the designing process, this stage is the theoretical one.
- Select suitable solution – After evaluations, one appropriate solution has to be chosen depending on the criteria.
- Prepare detailed design and drawing – The design and drawing of the selected alternative is prepared.
- Implement the design – The chosen design can be transformed into working drawing and practical circuits to produce the product.
Research & Drawbacks
- Higher possibility of component failure.
- Complex safety issues
- Higher power usage.
- Expensive to build.
- Expensive for consumer.