Analog Devices‘ new AD-FMCLIDAR1-EBZ is an FMC compatible modular hardware platform for LIDAR prototyping. It offers flexibility to simplify the complexities of LIDAR development, meet individual design needs, and narrow down the time to market.
The platform has an open-source software framework that can integrate into customer designs and wrappers for Python and MATLAB. Additionally, the AD-FMCLIDAR-EBZ can develop LIDAR algorithm and software by teaming with a FPGA through the FMC connector.
Although the software and algorithms are currently in development, the hardware design can be leveraged. The system has proved valuable with the Intel Arria10 Soc and Xilinx ZC706 Development Platforms.
- Wavelength: 905nm
- 1D Non-Scanning LIDAR
- Range: Without Optics — 1 to 10nm; With Optics – Extendable up to 60nm and beyond
- Horizontal resolution: 16 pixels
- Class 1 Laser Safety compliance
- FOV: Laser FOV 15 horizontal x 30 vertical
- Data sampling up to 1GSPS on 4 separate channels
- Standardized FMC HPC (High Pin Count) connector plugs into FPGA board of choice
- Compatible open-source software framework that can integrate into customer designs
- Supports Mac, Windows, and Linux Operating Systems
- HDL reference designs and drivers to allow zero-day development
- Licensable JESD204 interface framework
- Wrappers for Matlab and Python
- Example applications for Python, C++, Simulink, MATLAB
- Industrial automation.
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
Watch a video on the device here.