Littelfuse, Inc. announced a new series of 250V Telecom PPTCs designed to help make telecom and network equipment more reliable. The TSM250-130 series protects against power cross and induced power surges as defined in ITU, Telcordia GR1089 and IEC 62368-1. Because it combines two resistance-matched PPTCs in a single surface-mount housing, it reduces the board space required by 50%, simplifies assembly, and offers Tip and Ring resistance balance.
Part of the Littelfuse PolySwitch® family of resettable overcurrent protection devices for telecommunications and networking equipment, the new series is ideal for:
- Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Central Office (CO) equipment
- Subscriber Line Interface Cards (SLIC)
- VoIP port on set top boxes
“Featuring two resistance-matched PPTCs in a single surface-mount housing, the TSM250-130 Series delivers Tip and Ring overcurrent protection while using 50% less PCB area,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “With its high surge capability, it helps end users comply with ITU-T K.20, K.21 and K.45 as well as Telcordia GR-1089 intra-building standards.”
The TSM250-130 Series PPTCs offer these key benefits:
- Two 250V PPTCs in single housing reduces PCB area by 50%.
- Resistance matched PPTCs offer Tip and Ring resistance balance.
- Very high voltage surge capability aids compliance with industry certification.
The TSM250-130 Series PPTCs are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.