Littelfuse Inc. recently launched two 2nd Generation series of AEC-Q101-certified SiC (Silicon Carbide) Schottky Diodes. Known as the LSIC2SD65AxxA and LSIC2SD65xxA Series, these diodes promise plethora of benefits like maximum operating junction temperature at 175 degrees Centigrade, better surge ability, reverse recovery current, and others.
Fig. 1: Image Showing 650V Series SiC Schottky Diodes from Littelfuse
All these features make these diodes suitable for applications running on higher parameters of reliability, efficiency, and thermal management.
Why Are These Better Than PN-Junction Diodes?
The 650V SiC Schottky Diodes are better than the regular Silicon PN-Junction diodes due to their ability to support strategic reductions in switching losses and considerable increase in the robustness and efficiency of power electronics frameworks.Such low energy dissipation and ability to work at higher junction temperatures these diodes pave out way for smaller size heat sinks and much smaller system footprint. The overall effect is that it provide the end-users with best of more energy-efficient, compact system along with better potential for much lesser total cost of ownership.
The application areas for the 650V Series SiC Schottky Diodes include:
● Electric Vehicles Applications
● High-frequency OUtput Rectifications
● Free-wheeling Diodes during inverter stages
● Boost or buck stages in the DC-DC converters
● Power Factor Correction or PFC
● Its ability to operate at a maximum junction temperature of 175°C offers a wide scope of design margin and much flexible thermal management needs.
● The positive temperature allows safer operation and smooth paralleling.
● AEC-Q101-certified diodes promise outstanding performance under most stressful conditions.
● It also ensures much lower switching losses as compared to other silicon bipolar diodes along with much faster and temperature-independent switching behaviour which makes these diodes perfect for high-frequency power switching.
The LSIC2SD065CxxA Series SiC Schottky Diodes can be availed in both tape and reel format inside TO-252-2L packaging provided the demand minimum order requirement of 2,500 devices. The SiC Schottky Diodes from LSIC2SD065AxxA Series come packed in a tube in 50 if the requirement meets minimum order quantity of 1, 000 entities.
Filed Under: News