[[wysiwyg_imageupload:2118:]]This Project Report is submitted by B.Aditya Raj from S. S. Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- As factory automation technology becomes more capable, more functional and ubiquitous, its meaning and purpose take on many interpretations.
- Factory automation delivers increased product and process information, and of course, improves product quality.
- Technology is used in so many ways and for so many different ends that it is almost impossible to have a single definition that includes all the solutions factory automation delivers.
- MVI’s RPM system, in effect, documents the way a company manages its people.
- Its various data templates can be configured to address management and executive information needs.
- It presents real-time data that will help hem to do something with the information and make an informed decision.
- System monitoring showed that unit costs varied by as much as 50 percent over the three daily shifts.
- Providing proper training to the operators led to increased productivity and a more consistent unit cost.
- Factory automation’s capabilities are multi-faceted and provide answers to the questions asked of it.
- They have been forced to change from basic suppliers of parts, components or equipment to a take position where they help customers realize greater productivity, quality and a competitive edge from OEM purchases.
- Because there are fewer mechanical components, the OEM can deliver the press at a lower initial cost to the printer or publisher.
- While increased productivity is the clarion call for the OEM, end users must contend with a growing list of factory automation opportunities, a challenge for implementing successful factory automation.
- Among the initiatives that Siemens has started is one called Totally Integrated Power, or TIP, to better manage energy costs and save money
- It can also lead to decreased factory power outages and improve uptime.
- As with any powerful technology, consider your risk before you take action.
- Make sure you have a solid set of goals and objectives that meet your company’s operating needs.
- An RF portion for receiving and transmitting data includes short-range radio transceiver, an external antenna, and a clock reference (required for synchronization)
- A module with a baseband microprocessor
- An interface to the host device (such as a mobile phone)
SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems are currently widely used in unmanned substations. The systems use wired communication mode including setting up cables or fiber-optic cables or renting telephone lines or ADSL from China Telecommuni
Project Source Code
Filed Under: Electronic Projects