Intel launched its newest generation Intel Xeon W-3300 processors, available today from its system integrator partners.
Built for advanced workstation professionals, Intel Xeon W-3300 processors offer uncompromised performance, expanded platform capabilities, and enterprise-grade security and reliability in a single-socket solution.
Intel Xeon W-3300 processors are intelligently engineered to push the boundaries of performance, with a new processor core architecture that transforms for what expert workstation users can accomplish on a workstation.
Why it matters
The Intel Xeon W-3300 processors are designed for next-gen professional applications with heavily threaded, input/output-intensive workloads. Use cases stretch across artificial intelligence (AI), architecture, engineering, construction (AEC), and media and entertainment (M&E).
With a new processor core architecture to transform efficiency and advanced technologies to support data integrity, Intel Xeon W-3300 processors are equipped to deliver uncompromising workstation performance.
The new processors
Five new processors (W-3375, W-3365, W-3345, W-3335, and W-3323) deliver outstanding performance with expanded platform capabilities in a single-socket solution.
They include up to 38 cores and 76 threads with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, frequencies up to 4.0 GHz, 64 processor PCIe* Gen 4.0 lanes and up to 4TB of DDR4-3200 error-correcting code (ECC) memory support.
Intel Xeon W-3300 processors feature a new processor core architecture representing a new era in performance and efficiency, and as compared to the previous generation deliver:
- Up to 2.5 times maximum memory-capacity support and up to 31 percent memory bandwidth increase.
- Up to 45 percent faster multi-threaded performance in Cinema 4D workloads.
- Up to 26 percent faster on preview rendering workloads in AutoDesk Maya.
- Up to 20 percent faster editing and encoding performance in Adobe Premiere Pro workloads.
- Up to 27 percent faster on final 3D rendering workloads in AutoDesk Maya.
Other featured technologies include:
- Up to 4.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost to power machine-learning inferencing workloads.
- Up to 4TB DDR4-3200 8-channel memory support.
- Intel AVX-512 instruction support.
- Error-correcting code (ECC) memory support.
- Built-in reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) technologies.
- Intel Optane SSD P5800X support.
Filed Under: Components, Microprocessors, News