Intersil has filled out its 12V synchronous buck regulator portfolio with the announcement of 5 new members of the ISL850xx family. The new buck regulators step down 12V rails to point-of-load inputs (as low as 0.6V) for MCUs, FPGAs, memory, and peripheral I/Os. The new additions to the range include ISL85014, ISL85012, ISL85009, ISL85005A, and ISL85005.
These deliver a continuous output current of 14A, 12A, 9A, and 5A, respectively, to telecom, test and measurement, server and storage networking equipment, as well as, industrial computers and programmable logic controllers.
Intersil Announces New Synchronous Buck Regulators (Image source: Intersil)
The ISL850xx regulators support input voltage of 3.8V to 18V and wide output current range. These high efficiency pin-compatible devices enable lower die temperatures, which facilitates system to operate without cooling fans or heatsinks. Moreover, their internal compensation eliminates additional external components, thereby reducing design complexity and bill of materials (BOM) cost.
Key Features and Specifications
ISL85014, ISL85012 and ISL85009:
• 8V to 18V input voltage range, and up to 9A, 12A and 14A output loads.
• Selectable switching frequency of 300kHz or 600kHz, and external sync up to 1MHz.
• Peak current mode control with thermally compensated current limit and internal or external compensation options.
• Pre-bias start-up with internal 3ms soft-start.
• Output voltage is adjustable to as low as 0.6V.
• Full protection includes input/output overvoltage, integrated bootstrap diode with undervoltage detection, and selectable overcurrent protection (OCP) schemes including hiccup and latch-off.
ISL85005A and ISL85005:
• 4.5V to 18V input voltage range, and up to 5A output load.
• Default switching frequency internally set 500kHz.
• Current mode control with internal or external compensation options.
• Output voltage is adjustable to as low as 0.8V.
• Integrated bootstrap diode with undervoltage detection.
• ISL85005 has internal 2.3ms soft-start; ISL85005A has programmable soft-start to limit inrush current during startup.
• Full protection includes output Power-Good (PG) indicator, HS cycle-by-cycle current limit, LS forward and reverse OCP, thermal shutdown, input undervoltage lockout (UVLO), and input and output overvoltage protection.
Filed Under: News