The MAX20047 by Maxim Integrated is a cost-effective, automotive-grade dual-port charger IC with a very small footprint. It has specifically designed for automotive based charging applications. It is equipped with a 6A step-down buck converter with integrated high-side and low-side FETs. This combination allows it to operate within an input voltage range of 3.5V – 36V and gives out an output voltage of 5.2V.
What can it do?
The MAX20047 is capable of delivering up to 3A charging current along with 93% improved efficiency per port. It achieves this level of efficiency with the help of integrated switches featuring programmable current limit as well as thermal feedback control. The switching frequency of the buck converter can be programmed from 0.4MHz -2.2MHz.
Maxim is also offering short-to-ground and overcurrent protection on the secured HVBUS outputs that can protect the internal BUS power rail from any kind of overcurrent fault.
- AEC-Q100 Certification
- Operational Temperature range: -40 degrees Celsius – +125 degrees Celsius.
- 20-Pin FC2-QFN Packaging
- Tested as per ISO 10605 as well as IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Standards.
- Integrated DCP Detection
- Integrated Samsung Detection
- Integrated Apple 2.4A, 1.0A, and 2.1A detection.
- Thermal shutdown as well as thermal regulation.
- 20V output.
- Dual autonomous battery charging power with portable device detection
- Operating VIN Range extending from 3.5V -36V.
- Synchronous DC-DC Converter with Integrated FETs
- 40V Load-Dump Protection
- Fixed 8ms internal Soft-Start
- 99% Duty-Cycle operation with very Low Dropout.
- External Pin settings yielding 0.4MHz – 2.2MHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- ±2% Output-Voltage Accuracy
The application areas of this charger are versatile. It will be useful in various purposes right from the power supply for linear chargers to automotive cigarette lighters and USB dedicated charging ports (DCP).
Filed Under: Components, News