The IQ Vertiq 6806 is the first commercial-grade drone and robotics motor module in its class by IQ Motion Control. The module is an integrated motor and controller with an embedded position sensor.
The combination of IQ’s unique hardware design and proprietary software allows IQ motors to maximize torque output, efficiency, and precision — while minimizing motor vibration, cost, and footprint.
The IQ Vertiq 6806 is designed, assembled, and calibrated in the U.S. With IQ’s closed-loop motor control technology, UAVs will be able to change directions, stabilize, and brake four times faster. The module also offers advanced telemetry for motor health monitoring.
The Vertiq 6806 was designed for UAV propulsion, but with IQ’s position firmware, it is also the ideal servomotor for precision robotic applications. With smooth, high-torque motors, users will be able to build extremely compact, high-performance robotic devices.
- Velocity and position control with tunable PIDs
- Field Estimated Control
- Anticogging and Encoder Linearization
- 3D reversible and no delay while crossing zero
- Top rise and response times
- Regenerative and active braking
- Active freewheeling
- Fast FET switching and use of gate drivers
- Protocols: CAN, serial, PWM, Dshot, servo, and more
- Sinusoidal commutation
- Trapezoidal commutation (optional)
- Controller-motor integration
- Embedded position sensor
- Access to standard and custom telemetry
- Over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature
Learn more and watch a video about the new device here.
Filed Under: Components