Microsemi, a leading provider of semiconductor solutions, has announced the availability of its Switchtec PAX advanced fabric Gen3 PCIe switch. The product offers high-performance fabric connectivity for scalable, multi-host systems. It also supports a single root input/output (I/O) virtualization (SR-IOV), NVMe and multi-function endpoints.
In order to meet the rapidly changing demands on resources and storage capacity of next-generation applications, Hyperconverged systems are evolving towards composable/ disaggregated infrastructures (C/DI) such as rack scale architecture. PAX advanced fabric PCIe switches provide a scalable, low latency and cost-effective solution to the disaggregation of computing, networking, graphics processing units (GPUs) and storage resources.
These PAX PCIe switches are flexibly interconnected with configurable high-speed fabric links and virtualize PCIe domains and SR-IOV endpoints. Besides, System development is simplified through a fabric application programming interface (API) and the ability to utilize off-the-shelf NVMe host drivers. This significantly reduces time-to-market for complex multi-host systems.
“As we work closely with industry leaders, it became clear there’s demand for Microsemi to expand our PCIe switch portfolio to support next-generation disaggregated architectures,” said Derek Dicker, vice president and business unit manager for performance storage at Microsemi. “Our PAX advanced fabric PCIe switch is pin-compatible to our PSX storage and PFX fanout PCIe switches, providing our customers a simple upgrade path to building SR-IOV-enabled and composable disaggregated systems while supporting our ability to gain market share.”
• High-performance PCIe fabric connectivity overcoming the limitations of the PCIe Specification for rack scale multi-host systems.
• The most flexible port bifurcation in the industry, from x2 to x16 lanes per port.
• Multi-host sharing of SR-IOV and multifunction endpoints.
• Advanced error reporting.
• Advanced diagnostics and debug features to identify, diagnose and fix problems.
• Virtualization of PCIe domains and SR-IOV NVMe solid state drives (SSDs).
• Separate Refclk Independent SSC (SRIS) for cabled PCIe and lower cost system designs.
• The highest port density, with up to 48 ports.
• Software development kit (SDK) for virtualization of other SR-IOV endpoints, and for enclosure management.
• Error containment for surprise-plug and unplug to prevent system crashes.
Microsemi Corporation offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
Filed Under: News