Microsemi Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor solutions, has announced the availability of a new generation of storage input/output controller products. The Smart ROC 3100 and SmartIOC 2100 are powered by Microsemi’s Unified Smart Storage Stack and aim to enhance the company’s server storage solution offerings for data center applications.
Microsemi’s Smart Storage Stack offers one of the industry’s most reliable and highest performing platforms. Available in production release, the platform renders advanced security features like maxCrypto controller-based encryption and enterprise-class data protection support. Besides, it also delivers high performance and low operating costs owing to the power savings which is much more than its previous generations and competing products.
Microsemi Smart Storage Platform (Image Courtesy: Microsemi)
These storage solutions can be used in any server storage application with 12 Gbps SAS or 6 Gbps SATA hard disk drives or solid state drives (SSDs). The solutions are performance-optimised around SSD and power-optimised for HDD-based cold storage. Furthermore, features are available for both deployment extremes and there is support for data protection schemes including RAID, erasure coding, and data replication.
The SmartIOC 2100 and SmartROC 3100 combined with Unified Smart Storage Stack offer the following enhancements:
• Two additional dedicated boot drive ports available with the 16- and 24-port variants.
• Common firmware and software stack across all product variants, increasing reliability, improving end customer use experience and reducing qualification efforts.
• maxCrypto, third generation data-at-rest controller based encryption engines.
• Support for the latest storage media, including both the latest generation of 6 Gbps SATA and 12 Gbps SAS SSDs for performance applications and SAS or SATA Shingled Magnetic Recording (SMR) drives for cold storage applications.
• PCIe Gen 3 x8 host interface compliant to base specification 3.1.
• Significant integration of green backup components for footprint and bill of materials cost reduction for RAID applications with a protected write cache.
• Density optimized, with variants available in 8-, 16- and 24-port configurations for 12Gbps SAS and 6Gbps SATA.
• Enhanced hardware acceleration for RAID 0/1/10/5/6/50/60.
Filed Under: News