AI-Powered NVIDIA Jetson TX2, a credit-card sized IoT platform, has been recently unveiled by the company. It delivers Artificial Intelligence computing at the edge, thereby paving the path for powerfully intelligent factory robots, commercial drones and smart cameras for AI cities. Coming to the performance, it is two times more powerful as its predecessor.
In other words, it runs at more than twice the efficiency of the previous version and draws less than 7.5 Watts of power. This, in turn, enables the platform to run larger and deeper neural network on edge devices. Consequently, it gives way to smarter devices with more accuracy and faster response times for tasks such as image classification, navigation, and speech recognition.
“Jetson TX2 brings powerful AI capabilities at the edge, making possible a new class of intelligent machines,” said Deepu Talla, vice president and general manager of the Tegra business at NVIDIA. “These devices will enable intelligent video analytics that keep our cities smarter and safer, new kinds of robots that optimize manufacturing, and new collaboration that makes long-distance work more efficient.”
Jetson TX2 Features:
• Size: 50mm x 87mm
• GPU: 256-core NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture-based GPU offering best-in-class performance
• CPU: Dual 64-bit NVIDIA Denver 2, Quad ARM® A57
• Memory: 8GB LPDDR4; 58.3 gigabytes/second
• Storage: 32GB eMMC
• Video: 4K x 2K 60fps encode and decode
• OS Support: Linux for Tegra®
• Camera: 12 CSI lanes supporting up to 6 cameras; 2.5 gigabytes/second/lane
• Connectivity: 802.11ac WLAN, Bluetooth
• Networking: 1GB Ethernet
The JetPack 3.0 makes it easy to integrate AI into a wide variety of applications and supports the following:
• TensorRT™ 1.0: high-performance neural network inference engine for production deployment of deep learning applications.
• cuDNN 5.1: GPU-accelerated library of primitives for deep neural networks.
• VisionWorks™ 1.6: software development package for computer vision and image processing.
• OpenGL 4.5, OpenGL ES 3.2, EGL 1.4 and Vulkan 1.0: latest graphic drivers and APIs.
• CUDA® 8: turns GPU into a general purpose massively parallel processor.
The NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Developer Kit containing the carrier board and Jetson TX2 module can be availed at $599 in US and Europe from March 14. The module will be made available in Q2 for $399 while the TX1 Developer kit can be availed at $499.
Filed Under: News