Qualcomm Technologies International recently introduced its next-generation, ultra-low-power Bluetooth Systems on a Chip (SoCs). The new SoCs will deliver wireless support with the Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring technology.
These new SoCs are optimized for use in true wireless hearables and earbuds. The devices work on two levels: entry/mid-tier and premium tier.
“Customers rely on us to help them deliver premium sound with long battery life and robust truly wireless connectivity, even in congested environments, and this exciting new Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring technology is designed to deliver on those vital features when using wireless earbuds and headphones,” said James Chapman, the GM and VP of Voice, Music & Wearables, Qualcomm Technologies International.
The Qualcomm QCC514X works at premium tier while the QCC304X is an entry-mid-tier SoC. The products are designed to enable improved connectivity and reliability, extended battery life and comfort, integrated dedicated hardware for the Hybrid Qualcomm Active Noise Cancellation (Hybrid ANC), Voice Assistant Support and premium wireless sound and voice quality.
“We have added voice assistant support at all tiers as well as integrated digital Hybrid ANC without compromising power consumption which further allows these new SoCs to deliver amazing experiences,” added Chapman.
Taking the QCC5100 and QCC30xx series SoCs as the base, these new solutions now support the Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring technology. The Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring technology connects one earbud to the phone wirelessly through Bluetooth while the other earbud mirrors the connected bud. The second bud is designed to deliver a rapid swap under various conditions.
For example, if a user removes the connected bud from their ear, the mirroring bud is engineered to take over the connection to the phone keeping any interruption of streaming music at bay. The Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring can also manage a single Bluetooth address, therefore, only one “device” shows up when the user is pairing their earbuds to a phone.
● Integrated Hybrid ANC technology.
● Dedicated ANC hardware integrated in the SoC allows super-low latency leak-through of the external environment.
● Ideal not only for sports but also for office environments, subways, restaurants, and other places associated with user’s daily life.
● Optimized to deliver leading power consumption under specific conditions.
● Up to 13 hours’ playtime on 65mAh battery (depending on settings and a few other factors).
● Minimal impact on battery life, ideal for long office hours and international flights.
● At the premium tier, QCC5141 provides dedicated support for Always on Voice activation for multiple voice ecosystems.
● At the entry-mid tier, QCC304x delivers push-button voice activation for multiple voice ecosystems.
This enables OEMs to add voice assistant capability quickly at lower costs. The entry-mid tier SoCs by Qualcomm Technology International, Ltd. will help OEMs deliver voice assistance capability to lower cost segments on single chip solutions for the first time. It will allow voice to become a more widely pervasive feature across a greater price range.
Filed Under: News