My name is Jamie, I am part of the ‘Adrian Project’ team developing a stand alone voice controlled home automation system on the Raspberry Pi, called Adrian. The project has been in development for 6 months with a planned Kickstarter launch date in 2-3 months time. We’re really excited about our project as there isn’t anything else out there with this level of functionality developed on the Raspberry Pi.
Our plan is to keep the Raspberry Pi community up to date with plans for additional functionality of the product and progress via video updates and blogs.
Some key features being built into the system are:
– Interact with smart devices such as lightbulbs, Nest thermostat, Wemo switch and more.
– Control non smart devices like TVs and garage doors using infrared and radio frequency
– Control devices between rooms through a networking system
– Answers any questions (who, what, where, when, why, how)
– Play syncronised music between all rooms in your home
– Remotely access a camera on the front of the device
– Bluetooth connectivity
– Gesture control for turning the volume up and down and a small selection of other commands
– Create and organise lists and reminders
– Smart notifications (e.g. Room light turns momentarily blue when a Facebook direct message comes through)
The below link is our development video showing a few of the features that are on the Pi and a link to our website:
Filed Under: Reviews