STMicroelectronics, a global semiconductor leader, and Prove & Run, provider of ultra-secure off-the-shelf software solutions for securing connected systems, have introduced their joints scalable security platform for IoT devices. The same is going to be demonstrated at Embedded World, Nuremberg from 14th to 16th March, 2017.
The platform is a clever amalgamation of Prove & Run’s ProvenCore-MTM highly secure operating system and ST’s STM32L4 microcontrollers’ advanced security capabilities with its Common Criteria –certified STSAFETM-A100 secure element. Furthermore, the platform also covers a full range of IoT security needs from the basic to the highest level of security needs with Common Criteria –certified parts.
The new security platform aids in the creation of highly secure IoT products which in turn allows the customers to focus on the functionality of their application. The already validated and proven security services offer an advantage to the developers without any special skills in security. These include secure boot, application isolation, key-storage resistant to physical attacks and secure firmware update.
The security platform contains the following components:
• Target next-generation energy-conscious consumer, industrial, medical, and metering applications.
• Achieve up to 100 DMIPS at just 37µA/MHz of active power consumption.
• Integrate several security mechanisms allowing development of highly secure, robust, and reliable embedded applications.
• Enforcing the isolation of applications and stability of the platform
• Offering security services and enforcing state-of-the-art secure coding recipes.
• Includes dedicated secure boot and secure application update mechanisms.
• Personalized with keys and secrets at ST facilities.
• Turnkey state-of-the-art security solution for preventing counterfeiting, cloning, and stealing information.
• Features a secure embedded operating system that offers authentication, secure communication, secure data management and platform integrity services.
Filed Under: News