Tektronix Inc., a leading worldwide provider of measurement solutions has released enhancements to its DisplayPort and Type-C transmitter test solution, with full support for the latest DisplayPort 1.4 specification. The solution includes support for the HBR3 data rate (8.1 Gb/s) and delivers the fastest compliance test times in the industry. It takes less than 7 hours for data rates up to HBR2 and less than 11 hours for HBR3.
This rate is significantly faster than that offered by the competitors. Tektronix has also released automated USB 3.1 Type-C test solution for Gen1 and Gen2. It integrates SigTest and DPOJET measurements and fully complies with testing and deeper analysis. It is imperative for engineers working on overall Type-C designs to test USB and other supported Alt-modes to ensure that the designs comply with the standards. Tektronix makes sure that its solutions meet the latest specifications for all such technologies.
Tektronix Offers Industry’s Fastest Compliance Testing across all Data Rates
(Image Courtesy: Tektronix)
Tektronix has also addressed the challenges involved with setting up and managing the device under test (DUT). Apart from supporting latest specifications, the company is also introducing a new stand-alone application to monitor DUT behaviour before testing. With the help of this solution, engineers can simply select the desired tests from a simple graphical user interface and focus on other tasks while the tests are being executed.
• Complete automated compliance testing in less than 7 hours for data rates up to HBR2 and less than 11 hours for data rates up to HBR3
• A single application for both Standard and Type-C DisplayPort testing.
• Integrated with switch matrix (Option SWX-DP) for hands free automation
• Flexible fixture de-embed capabilities using either a default filter file or a custom filter file created using the Tektronix Serial Data Link Analysis (SDLA) application
• Seamless transition from compliance testing to debug and full integration with the Tektronix DPOJET DisplayPort 1.4 measurement library.
• Enhanced reporting options to help users generate reports in .html, .mht, .pdf and .csv formats.
• Support for saving waveforms for offline analysis (in addition to live analysis). Unlike competitive alternatives, the application acquires and saves waveforms during execution and makes them available for detailed offline analysis.
Availability and Pricing
The Tektronix DisplayPort 1.4 Transmitter solution (Option DP14) application is compatible with Tektronix DPO/MSO70000 and DPO70000SX series oscilloscopes. The solution is available now worldwide and can be downloaded from the Tektronix website. Pricing is $5,000 US MSRP. Option SWX-DP Pricing is $7,000 US MSRP.
Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix delivers innovative, precise and easy-to-operate test, measurement and monitoring solutions that solve problems, unlock insights and drive discovery. Tektronix has been at the forefront of the digital age for over 70 years.
Filed Under: News