DLP Design Inc. recently came up with the new DLP-RFS1280, a 2.4GHz, LORa transceiver with a complete new set of features. This one is a pre-certified unit that has been extracted from a SX1280 transceiver chip, a Semtech Corporation product.As mentioned before, this latest module makes use of Semtech’s SX1280 2.4GHz LORA transceiver. It has been designed to sync with user-supplied microcontroller that come in touch from outer ends. The list of noteworthy features include:
● An integrated chip antenna or as they call a u.fl.connector.
● FCC/RED/IC Modular Certifications placed alongside.
● Ability to operate at a range of 2.40-2.48GHZ .
● Data rate of 476bps – 1.3Mbps.
● Ability to be mounted on surface with great ease.; bears a footprint of 2 x 2.3 cm.
● It has a sleep current of 215nA.
● The new one also comes with an ability to work at extremely low-power connectivity which can be lower than 5.5mA RX; 24mA TX (+11.5dBm).
● It has a receive sensitivity of -131dBm.
● It can transmit power at +11.5dBm.
DLP-RFS1280ACT, on the other hand, is a demonstration platform. It comes with following set of features:
● It has modulated CW and CW settings.
● The process of pairing with other transceiver is a much simplified one.
● Long range Ping test.
● Easier mode of selection (GFSK/FLRC/LORA)
● Instiled with external/internal antenna selection.
● LIghted LCD display screen.
● Microphone/Speaker for any kind of Walkie-Talkie demonstration.
● Whip Antenna.
● Completely documented C- Source Code.
● Low-power consuming NUCLEP-L073RZT6 Microcontroller Board for Development.
Both these products can be purchased from Mouser Electronics, Digi-Key Corporation, and other certified distributors.
Filed Under: News