Toshiba has launched the TCR5RG series of 45 LDO regulators, all housed in a thin, compact WCSP4F package. The high-ripple rejection ratio of the new LDO regulators bring enhanced power stabilization to DC power lines for mobile devices, such as wearables.
The rejection ratio of 100dB is achieved by combining a wide-gap circuit, a low-pass filter (which allows only extremely low frequencies to pass), and a low-noise, high-speed operational amplifier.
The series also features low-output voltage noise and high-output voltage accuracy. Together, these features enable the regulators to contribute to the stabilization of power lines.
The line-up includes 45 products with a maximum output current of 500mA, and output voltages in the range of 0.9V to 5.0V, allowing users to select the output voltage best suited to their application. Housed in thin and compact WCSP4F packages that measure 0.645 x 0.645mm, the new LDO regulators are suitable for power-line applications in cameras and small devices, such as smartphones and wearables requiring high-density mounting.
- Wearables (smart watches and action cameras, etc.)
- Mobile (smartphones, tablets and portable audio players, etc.)
- Healthcare (electric shavers, electronic sphygmomanometers, and blood glucose meters, etc.)
- High-ripple rejection ratio : R.R.=100dB (typ.) @f=1kHz
- Low-output noise voltage : VNO=5μVrms (typ.) @10Hz≤f≤100kHz
- High-output voltage accuracy :
VOUT min/max= -1.5/1.5% @1.8V≤VOUT≤2.8V, Tj= -40 to 85°C
VOUT min/max= -1.8/1.8% @VOUT>2.8V, Tj= -40 to 85°C
- Thin and compact WCSP4F package : 0.645×0.645mm (typ.), t=0.33mm (max)
View the main specifications here.
Filed Under: Components, News