AMD recently launched its AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1, the next edition of the software suite for AMD Radeon graphics, providing gamers, creators, and enthusiasts. It offers visual fidelity, ultra-responsive gaming, and advanced features to unlock the full potential of the AMD gaming experience.
The latest AMD Radeon Software release introduces powerful new features and capabilities to deliver an immersive and complete gaming experience. It features AMD Link for Windows, allowing users to connect to their gaming PC from another Windows PC, as well as from a phone, tablet, or TV, to game from virtually anywhere.
It also provides an updated user interface with a number of usability enhancements requested by Radeon gamers, including customized installation options and simplified recording and streaming tools so users can easily capture and share their memorable gaming moments.
“Providing powerful hardware is only half of the equation to deliver the extraordinary, world class AAA, esports and multiplayer experiences gamers have come to expect,” said Frank Azor, chief architect of Gaming Solutions at AMD. “With the new AMD Radeon Software release, our goal was to allow gamers to unlock the full potential of their AMD gaming systems, enabling them to fully immerse themselves in beautiful, hyper-realistic worlds, easily share their latest battles, and victories, find new ways to game with friends and customize their gaming experience as they see fit.”
The AMD Radeon Software is the gateway to unlock the full potential of the AMD gaming experience, designed to deliver responsive gaming, vivid visuals and a complete experience for gamers. Existing features like AMD FreeSync, AMD Radeon Anti-Lag, and AMD Radeon Boost deliver ultra-high framerate, low latency gaming, while features like AMD Radeon Image Sharpening and the AMD FidelityFX developer tools enable incredibly immersive, visually stunning games.
Building upon this foundation, AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 provides several new and updated features, including:
- AMD Link – A free application to connect a gaming PC with a tablet, phone or TV, and now another Windows-based PC, lets users turn any screen into a gaming powerhouse from virtually anywhere. The new AMD Link Game feature allows users to invite a friend to connect to their PC from another AMD Radeon system to play games that support local multiplayer or split screen mode. AMD Link also offers 144 FPS (max), higher bandwidth streaming options, support for 5.1 surround sound audio, and reduced streaming latency of up to 60 percent in CS:GO.
- Simplified user interface – Based on community feedback, the latest software release provides several customizable installation options. Gamers can elect to do a full installation or a minimal installation with a streamlined user interface, or a small-footprint, driver-only installation. Additional updates include an improved search bar, the availability of additional gameplay stats on the games tab and more.
- Expanded performance metrics and tuning – Users can now view both Radeon graphics and Ryzen processor performance metrics from a single location, including CPU use, clock speed, temperature, voltage, power consumption, and fan speed, enabling them to better optimize system performance and power efficiency.
- Enhanced recording and streaming – Integrating all recording and streaming settings under a single tab, the new AMD Radeon Software release offers scene editor usability enhancements, improved sorting and tagging functionality, and a new wizard to make it easier for entry-level users to begin streaming.
- Color deficiency correction – Customizable settings allow users with the three major color vision deficiency conditions (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) to experience games in more vivid detail without any expected performance impact.
- Microsoft PlayReady AV1 support – Support for the open-source, royalty-free PlayReady AV1 hardware-accelerated decode for AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards ensures high-quality, protected content.
- AMD Crash Defender – A new stability feature to ensure systems “stay alive,” preserve data and fully recover from potential hangs or crashes in select scenarios. Paired with the AMD Bug Report Tool, Radeon Software can provide a more complete picture of user-submitted issues for quicker resolution by AMD support teams.
Filed Under: News