Maxim Integrated recently introduced MAX20042F/MAX20043F/MAX20044F Automotive Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Protector Switch ICs. These new products promise better protection from short-circuiting and higher ESD for low voltage USB power lines and USB data in connectivity, navigation, radio and USB hub applications.
Precise BUS current limiting with least voltage drop including
- 3A (typ), MAX20044F
- 0A (typ), MAX20043F
- 65A (typ), MAX20042F
- Low RON 90mΩ (max) USB power switch
Ideal for all kind of automotive environments:
- Short-to-GND and Short-to-battery protection over secure HVBUS output.
- AEC-Q100 certified.
- Operational temperature range from -40 degrees Celsius to +105 degrees Celsius.
- 90mm x 4.92mm 16-pin QSOP packaging.
- Tested to IEC 61000-4-2 ESD and ISO 10605 standards.
- Short-to-BUS and Short-to-battery protection on secured HVD- and HVD+ outputs.
Intentionally added features to ensure optimized USB performance:
- 1ms blanking time for overcurrent situations.
- 67V (typ) fixed HVBUS secure trip threshold.
- Fault-recovery time of 10ms.
- 12Mbps or 240Mbps USB 2.0 functionality.
- Two RON 4 Ohm(typ) USB 2.0 data switches.
These ICs will play a key role in automotive USB protection.
Filed Under: Components