ADC0804 Analog to digital Converter
NOTE: The above tutorial on ADC0804 is very important in order to understand the code below.
- 16×2 lcd – For displaying 8-bit value from ADC0804.
- 89c51 or 89c52 Microcontroller .
- ADC0804 – For analog to digital conversions.
- Potentiometer – To adjust contrast of the lcd.
- Bread board – To design circuit.
- Crystal – I used 11.0592 Hz you can use of your choice, but its better to use same as i used.
- Voltage supplier – 5 volts.
- Connecting wires – For making connections.
Apply 1.28 volts to vref/2 pin of ADC0804. This is the reference voltage for ADC0804. This is the voltage by which the step size of the ADC0804 will be set to 10 mv. LM35 output voltage varies 10 mV per °C change in temperature. Hence both the LM35 and ADC0804 are now working at 10 mv change. when there is 10 mv change in temperature the output Increments/decrements by 1.
To learn more about Lm35 temperature sensor working, pin out and formula to calculate temperature go through the below tutorial.
ADC0804 with 8051(89c51,89c52) microcontroller CODE
Port-3 pins 0, 1, 2 and 3 are used as cs(chip select) wr(write) rd(read) intr(interrupt) to control ADC0804. Project code is given below and each statement well explained.
See The project video…..