What is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a wireless technology used to transfer data between different electronic devices. The distance of data transmission is small in comparison to other modes of wireless communication. This technology eradicates the use of cords, cables, adapters and permits the electronic devices to communicate wirelessly among each other.
The key features of Bluetooth technology:
· Less complication
· Less power consumption
· Available at cheaper rates
Bluetooth technology permits hands free headset for incoming voice calls, ability of printing and fax, and automatic synchronization of PDA. Click to now more about basics of Bluetooth Protocol.
Various types of Bluetooth technology are available in the markets which help the consumers to communicate wirelessly. The different types of Bluetooth devices are PC cards, radios, dongles, and headsets. Laptops and other Internet enabled equipments use Bluetooth technology such as wireless mouse and keyboard to communicate wirelessly. Music players like iPods, music phones, or other MP3 players make use of stereo headphones.
The first and foremost application of Bluetooth technology would be to eradicate the tangling of cables that would mess up the room.
1. Bluetooth’s biggest contribution is to provide a phone with a headset that works wirelessly. This is possible by providing the caller with an earpiece and a small microphone attached to the caller’s shirt. The mobile phone can be located in a bag or anywhere in the body. The caller can dial a number even without touching a button on the mobile phone. This technology has the advantage of eliminating the radiation hitting the cerebral region.
2. PDA, PC or laptop which has enabled Bluetooth can communicate with each other and update with its latest information. This technology has helped in synchronizing the data easily.
3. It is difficult to send emails while travelling in a flight. On landing of the flight, the Bluetooth enabled laptop can send the email only when it gets in touch with the user’s phone.
4. Wireless mouse and keyboards are introduced.
5. One will be alerted on his/her mobile phone when your laptop receives the mail.
6. You can try to locate a printer via laptop. You will get the printout of that document once that printer is located.