Qualcomm‘s latest flagship 8 series 5G platform transforms devices into a professional-quality camera, intelligent personal assistant, and elite gaming rig — which are all connected with a truly global 5G multi-gigabit speeds for a premium experience.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Mobile Platform packs new innovations in 5G, AI, gaming, photography, and more. Featuring a completely rearchitected 6th-gen Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine, the 888 5G delivers a total of 26 TOPS performance, three times the performance-per-watt improvement and 16 times larger shared AI memory.
Connectivity also leaps forward with global 5G and Wi-Fi 6.
Both the Snapdragon X60 5G Modem-RF and the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Connectivity Systems usher in unprecedented performance and reliability. For instance, this platform includes all-new advancements in smartphone photography. Capture from three lenses simultaneously at multi-gigapixel speeds with a Triple ISP. Also, record unbelievable 4K HDR video with Computational HDR — merging multiple shots into one for the highest-quality results.
- The AI engine includes the Qualcomm Hexagon 780 Processor with a fused AI-accelerator architecture, plus the Tensor Accelerator with two times the compute capacity. This Qualcomm AI Engine impresses with up to 26 TOPS performance.
- The 3rd-gen Snapdragon X60 5G Modem-RF System makes this platform a global 5G powerhouse full of mobile industry firsts — including 5G carrier aggregation across TDD-FDD bands and a 5nm 5G baseband for long battery life. Plus, the world’s fastest uplink and downlink 5G speeds are possible.
- FastConnect 6900 delivers Wi-Fi 6 with unprecedented speeds up to 3.6 Gbps, as well as new 6 GHz capacity with Wi-Fi 6E. With industry first implementations of advanced features such as 4K QAM and 4-stream DBS, this connectivity system is fit to handle the demands of next-gen content and apps.
- The all-new Qualcomm Spectra 580 ISP makes this the first Snapdragon with a Triple ISP. Capture three 4K HDR videos, or three 28 MP photos, at a breakthrough 2.7 gigapixels per second — 35 percent faster than the predecessor.
- The Qualcomm Processor Security supports Truepic, a cryptography seal that ensures and verifies the authenticity of photos on a device. The Snapdragon 888 is now the world’s first camera that’s compliant with the Content Authenticity Initiative.
Learn more here.