Littelfuse, Inc., a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing, has announced the launch of its PSX series of high-speed fuses.
The PSX series offers an up to 1500 DC voltage rating and 100 kA DC breaking capacity at 1500 V DC to provide the greatest protection in the smallest case size available on the market — the NH XL package. These semiconductor fuses will help protect energy storage, power conversion, and oil and gas applications.
“Pairing of renewable generation sources like solar photovoltaics with energy storage is driving the need for higher battery energy storage system voltages—up to 1500 volts DC,” said Immanuel Umenei, global segment manager, Renewable Energy, Littelfuse Industrial Business Unit. “The PSX series of semiconductor fuses deliver the high-speed protection at these increased voltage ratings coupled with better interrupting ratings to prevent costly catastrophic system failures due to over-currents.”
The high-speed PSX series of semiconductor fuses includes:
- Low watt loss for increased efficiency and to minimize wasted power
- A small case size to facilitate design of more compact high-energy density systems
- Visual fault indicator for quick and easy detection
- Up to 1500 V DC rating to protect the highest-rated DC battery energy storage systems in the market
- DIN-mount, flush-end and bolted-blade terminations for mounting-configuration versatility
- Low minimum-breaking capacity to protect from lower-level fault currents
For more product information, click here.