The PF8100/PF8200 PMIC family specifically caters the requirements of high-performing processing applications like sensor fusion, vision fusion, ADAS, vehicle networking, clusters, telematics, infotainment, etc. These are being offered in two version that take care of different market needs:
❖ The PF8100 is the fundamental version of this products with digital control and power management without any functional safety features for systems not needing ASIL-B compliance.
❖ The PF8200 comes loaded with functional safety that complies with ISO 26262 standard and offers a flexible and powerful solution for ASIL-B (D) automotive applications.
Fig. 1: Representational Image Showcasing PF8200 PMIC
Fig. 2: Representational Image Showcasing NXP PF8100 PMIC
This family will perfectly serve applications based on S32V, i.MX 8 and i.MX 8X processors. These are also suitable for empowering Layerscape LS1043A and several other high-performing processors. It also comes with seven high-efficiency buck converter and four linear regulators that have potential to empower the memory, processor, and miscellaneous peripherals.
● Four linear regulators with load switch alternatives.
● Approx. 7 high-efficiency buck converters.
● Watchdog monitor/timer.
● OTP (One-Time Programmable) device configuration.
● RTC supply and coin cell charger.
● 3.4 MHz I2C communication interface.
● 56-pin 8 x 8 QFN package.
● Rapid PMIC startup.
● Programmable soft start sequence with power down sequence.
● 24 channel analog multiplexer that serves needs of smart system diagnostic/monitoring.
● Programmable regulator configuration.
● User programmable off and standby modes.
● PGOOD monitor.
● Highly developed state machine for seamless processor interface.
Filed Under: News