Summary of the Drummer Circuit-
• This project is for the music lovers or for those who love the sound of drummer.
• It is easy to grasp and mount.
• Cost incurred is too less as compared to different drummers available in the market.
• Components required to build the project are easily available in the market.
• In this project a sound similar to that of a drummer is produced.
• The project is constructed with the help of NE555 IC.
Principle behind Circuit-
555 timer IC is widely used in the projects as it is low in price and provides high performance.. Here is another simple project made with the same timer which can offer you an hour of enjoyment.
It makes use of NE555 timer along with support of some other discrete components like a triggering circuit and a variable resistor VR1 for the time adjustment. So with the help of VR1 we can generate various beats. A stable mode of the IC is used in this circuit.
Now at the time when supply is given in the circuit capacitor C1 and C2, it is coupled with the input pin of IC1 i.e. pin 2 triggers. The voltage at pin goes to low and in turn pin 3 switches to high. As a result, sound comes out with the speaker Sp which is connected with pin3 through capacitor C3 and C4 which are connected in a parallel arrangement.
This project generates various drum sounds, mostly like we hear in jazz or disco music. In place of two 10uf parallel capacitors i.e. C1& C2 and C3 & C4 you can use single 20uF capacitor.
This circuit is also much helpful for those people who want to rehearse a song or some music at the same rhythm.
Components required building the circuit-
Power Supply 9V
Fig. 1: Prototype of 555 IC based Electronic Drummer Circuit