Fujitsu Limited and Oracle have launched a new lineup of enterprise servers, Fujitsu SPARC M12, which is now globally available. The SPARC M12 features Fujitsu’s new SPARC64 XII processor and delivers world’s highest per CPU core performance in arithmetic processing. The new lineup also offers improvements over a wide range of database workloads including mission-critical systems on premises and big data processing in the cloud.
The new servers are offered with two models namely
• Fujitsu SPARC M12-2 server
• Fujitsu SPARC M12-2S server
These integrate the vibrant SPARC technology ecosystem with Oracle’s SPARC systems thus leverage the unique security and scalability features of the Oracle Solaris operating system along with the versatility of Oracle VM Server for SPARC virtualization software. Furthermore, the new servers also aid customers in optimising the investments in ICT infrastructure and creating new value based on the cutting-edge digital technology.
Fujitsu SPARC M12-2S Server (Image Courtesy: Fujitsu)
• SPARC M12 servers offer up to 2.5 times better core performance as compared to the Fujitsu M10 models.
• The Vapor and Liquid Cooling (VLLC) technology reliably cools the interior of the server thereby enabling safe and stable operations while building a private cloud environment.
• The servers provide CPU Core Activation functionality for configuring CPU resources one core at a time from a minimum of just two cores per server.
• These provide errors detection and recovery mechanisms for error protection across all processor circuits, supporting stable operation of mission-critical processing.
Filed Under: News