IRIS Biometrics Standards
Following biometrics standards have evolved to ensure similarity in all iris images in terms of formatting and the contents.
· International Organization for Standardization/ International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC) 19794-6:2005
· The American National Standards Institute/ International Committee for Information Technology Standards (ANSI/INCITS) 379-2004
· The American National Standards Institute/ The US National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) ANSI/NIST-ITL 1-2007 TYPE 17
· The US Department of Defense Electronic Biometric Transmission (DoD EBTS)
Commercial IRIS Scanner solution providers
Automated iris scanning technology is still quite young. Following are the vendors providing iris scanning solutions.
Smartmatic, Human Recognition systems, IrisGuard, MorphoTrak, LG Electronics are some other companies providing solutions in this area.
· Substitution for passports.
· Controlling access to restricted areas at airports;
· Office/premises access control;
· Access Database, Computer logins;
· Screening/ Verification at border crossings/ sensitive areas;
· Biometrically enabled Identity Cards.
Filed Under: Recent Articles