NXP Semiconductors recently announced the availability of QN9030 and QN9090 Bluetooth 5 System on Chip (SoC) with optional NFC technology, Multiproof RF technology, and hardware compatible alternatives for 802.15.4 technology.
These two happen to be NXP’s recent additions to the ongoing QN series of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices. These new products will allow the next-gen intelligent connected equipment to integrate a high-capacity CPU with a comprehensive mix of analogue and digital peripherals, BLE mesh support, a wide range of temperature along with low power consumption.
The new BLE devices are to be powered by an Arm Cortex – M4 clocked at 48MHz including up to 152 KB SRAM and 640KB onboard flash memory, which offers both flexibility and storage space for most complicated applications and secure Over-The-Air (OTA) updates.
The main job of QN Series devices is to assist in the acceleration of time-to-market and development for developers working on feature-rich products for various IoT applications like mesh networks, beacons, gaming peripherals, toys, home automation, building automation, connected appliances, and trackers.
NXP’s BLE SoC with NFC integrated on-chip, the QN9030T and QN9090T and their versions are capable of supporting out-of-band wireless communications. These pave a way for versatile uses.
A QN9090T based device can be tapped to a BLE connection, many NFC reader device, tablet or smartphone within seconds. It simplifies the pairing process to quite an extent. The in-built NFC NTAG removes the need for the tag that needs to power up. It generates additional opportunities for device commissioning or diagnostics in various phases of device life cycles.
● A wide operational temperature range that goes from -40° to 125° C.
● Applicable across various environments.
● Robust peripherals and advanced integration including NFC NTAG.
● Ultra low power that’s ideal for battery-operated and Bluetooth applications.
● A 7.3mA Tx current @+0dBm and 4.3mA Rx current.
● Standardized connectivity of 2.4GHz BLE 5.0 transceiver backing up to 2Mbps along with 8 concurrent Bluetooth connections with support for antenna diversity.
● Integrated power amplifiers with extremely high transmit power to make long-distance transmissions possible.
● The CPUs come with scalable and large-sized embedded flash memory and SRAM: 48 MHz ARM Context-M4, 152KB of SRAM, and 640KB of embedded flash.
● Provide a rich set of MCU functionalities like digital MIC interface, various low power modes along with wake up on the audio
NXP also provides pin-to-pin compatible solutions for Multi-protocol RF devices and 802.15.4. They also offer advanced solutions across a wide spectrum of embedded processing. The QN9030 and QN9090 devices can be purchased from NXP and its distribution partners.
Filed Under: Components, News