Renesas Electronics Corporation, a supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, has strengthened its top RF portfolio for traditional macro-base transceiver stations (BTS) with four new high-reliability devices. This will provide customers with access to a complete RF signal chain solution.
The expansion includes the industry’s first quad-channel F4482/1 TX variable gain amplifiers (VGA) and the F011x family of dual-channel first-stage, low-noise amplifiers (LNA). The new device set also includes the F1471 RF driver amplifier – the first high-power, pre-driver with P1dB of over 1/2W. It also includes the F2934 RF switch with higher isolation in a smaller package for digital pre-distortion (DPD) feedback path.
The expanded RF lineup delivers the high-performance, flexibility, and smaller form factor demanded by 5G Macro BTS systems.
These new RF devices perform well across a wide range of environmental conditions and frequency bandwidths and integrate Renesas’ Smart Silicon innovations, which enable smaller footprints for a given function – a key advantage for the large number of antenna paths required for each system.
“As the 5G transition picks up speed, we have upgraded our Macro BTS portfolio of receive and transmit chain components with higher performance and higher integration,” said Naveen Yanduru, VP of RF Communications, Industrial and Communications Business Division at Renesas. “We continue to bring new circuit design advancements to the market and are excited to introduce these new devices to address the complete RF signal chain and enable customers to be 5G ready as they bring their next-generation Macro BTS systems to market.”
The expanded Macro BTS portfolio includes:
- Highly integrated F4482/1 quad-path TX VGAs
- RF frequency range of 400 to 2800 MHz
- Balun, low-pass filter, amplifier, and digital step attenuators integrated on one die
- Renesas’ Zero Distortion technology for enhanced quality of service with increased dynamic range, and Glitch-Free technology to protect PA assembly and simplify DPD implementation
- Dual-channel F011x first-stage LNAs (balanced LNA or two-channel LNA)
- RF frequency range of 650 to 2700 MHz
- Low noise figure of 0.55dB at 2600 MHz with low return loss (-27 and -23dB outputs)
- High-linearity F1471 RF driver amplifier
- RF frequency range of 400 to 4200 MHz with 17dB gain
- OIP3 up to +38dBm and OP1dB of 28.5dBm at 2600 MHz
- Adjustable OIP3 performance and DC bias for tuning flexibility
- High-reliability SP2T F2934 RF switch
- RF frequency range of 50 to 6000 MHz
- Higher isolation (70dB at 1 GHz and 2 GHz, 74dB at 3 GHz, and 67dB at 4 GHz) in a small 3×3 QFN package that addresses PCB real-estate constraints
- Renesas Kz Constant Impedance technology to maintain VSWR during the switching transition
Renesas has a strong innovation legacy with circuit design to address the evolving needs of the wireless infrastructure market. Patented Renesas RF solutions with unique technical differentiation address the needs of a wide range of applications, including massive MIMO and mmWave cellular base stations, communications systems, microwave (RF/IF), CATV, and test and measurement equipment.
Filed Under: Components, News