[[wysiwyg_imageupload:1976:]]This Project report is contributed by S. Sridevi from ARULMIGU MEENAKSHI AMMAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, VADAMAVANDAL.
CHAPTER 2- INTRODUCTION
2.1.4 Control Drive/Brake Reference:
CIRCUIT DIAGRAM I
CIRCUIT DIAGRAM II
MICROCONTROLER CIRCUIT AT THE ENGINE DRIVER DASH BOARD
2.8 CIRCUIT AT THE ENGINE DRIVER’S CABIN: Circuit has been explained in Circuit Diagram Tab2.
2.8.1 EXPLANATION FOR CIRCUIT DIAGRAM -II
Circuit diagram II consists of following sections
1. Receiver, decoder section
3. LCD display
4. Motor control section
5. Power supply
Receiver, Decoder section:
The receiver signal at the frequency of 433.92MHz and rejects signal with other frequencies. The received frequency is reduced to 38 KHz in the receiver section itself. Then signal passes to the microcontroller.
· The microcontroller has a prewritten program to stop the engine during the detection of decoupling at carriages.
· Simultaneously the carriages number and distance between two carriages are displayed in LCD section.
· After receiving the signal from transmitter on raising the hook at carriage end, the engine direction is reversed on operating the relays S1, S2 to no change condition.
· The engine is reversed until it reaches a defined position (specified distance) between carriages.
· The reversing motion is stopped on receiving the signal from ultrasonic sensor to stop it.
· Then the engine starts moving on forward direction through relays S3, S4 on getting the confirmation signal of hook coupling at the end of the carriages.
3.1FEATURES AND FUTURE PLANS
. Existing solutions to check train integrity are almost with exceptions based on trackside systems, while our solution exclusively depends on the train based WSN.
. The use of ultrasonic sensors made our model cheap, quick and simple.
. For long carriage, trains instead of microcontroller, PLC7200 pin or any other embedded IC can be used.
. Using the same sensor networks Derailment detection and control can be made.
Project Source Code
Filed Under: Electronic Projects